Friday, September 11, 2009

Karma

So I had the most amazing experience at CVS last night. Most of you know I shop by using the "grocery game" rules. In doing that I have saved a HUGE amount of money. I usually pay no more than $2 for a pack of diapers. Last night takes the cake. I don't think I could beat it. I'm always friendly to the staff even the mean ones. I had $26 in ECB's(that's free CVS money) and coupons to use . I'm pretty stocked on Isabel's diapers(plus I see potty training in the future). So, I thought it would be a great time to get a head start on diapers for the next baby. I bought Huggies snugglers newborn, and size 1. It was a total of 120 diapers. I used my coupons and ECB's thinking I should pay about $1 plus tax, so roughly $3. I was small talking with the clerk and she said"what else do you got there"? , as I was tearing off other coupons that had just printed. They were for random things like lotion etc. It was nothing I was buying. I started reading them off, and saying it's nothing I have. She grabbed them and just starting scanning all of them. Then she says " you are negative $2.30". I looked confused, and she said "you need to buy something else". Then it dawned on me what she had done. So I ran and grabbed some hand soap. Then she said your total is....wait for it........3 cents. That's exactly why you should be nice to the clerks. I didn't even pay the tax on my stuff. What a deal! I love CVS!!!!

No comments: